Friday, November 7, 2008

Rock Star Jake

Derek has some really nice friends that willingly come over and play with Derek and Derek's tutor. When the weather is nice they jump on the trampoline or play basketball. They play games like Old Maid and Uno too.
We had Jake come play this week. What a fun-lovin kid he is. He has the best sense of humor.. he just makes me laugh. While I was taking Jake home I had some sappy song on the radio. I said, Jake do you like this kind of music? He said, "Actually no.. I'm into the old kind of singers, not like Beach Boys or The Beatles, but old time rockers." I said, "Oh, that's nice" Then all of the sudden his thumb was his microphone and he started singing "We are the champions.. we are the champions.. we are the champions... of the world" I didn't want to crack up, so I calmly said, "That was nice." Wow, to feel comfortable to break out in song with an "old lady" listening! Keep it up Jake!
Thanks for coming to play!

No comments: