Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just Popped in to say "Trick or Treat"


You'd think since orange is my favorite color, I'd love Halloween. Not true. In fact I'm not a big fan of this October celebration at all. But I can't let that hold me back from letting Derek have a little fun. Thursdays is our junk mail day with the Virgin's, so we went there a day early to trick or treat. Derek and I put together microwave popcorn bags tied with a note to say "We popped over to wish you a Happy Halloween". With the help of all the leaves, the Virgin's have a great yard for trick or treaters.>
On Friday (Halloween) we hurried around with our little popcorn, dressed in our orange shirts (That is as far as I go.. and sorry Shelli, my Halloween shirt is a turtle neck! .. inside joke) wising our friends a Happy Halloween.

First we went to Carol Godell's, one of our favorite friends. She not only gave Derek his favorite cheese, but candy and junk mail as well.





Then on to Mary Thompson's. She is such a sweet friend. She gave Derek junk mail, candy and a A&W pop... One of Derek's favorite sodas.
Derek was excited to see Abbey and Delaney. He had his wish met by getting a box filled with junk mail. Abbey also had a treat bag for him. The cookies were so good Abbey, I need the recipe. As of February 13th I promised my dentist I would give up candy for a year. All this candy was so tempting (My mouth is watering for a mini butterfinger), so the cookies in the goody bag were MINE!!!!
Next we flew (get it..witch) on over to Bob and Charlotte's house. Charlotte is the sweetest lady ever. She gave Derek a juicey red apple and a breakfast burrito, and fruit snacks as well.

While we were driving down Charlotte's street we saw Shrek, and the Cheetos guy.. (What is his name?) Now that I'm a blogger, I'm braver than ever. I knocked on the people's door and asked if I could take my son's picture in front of their decorations. The kid was so nice, he took the picture and got both of us in it.



Then off to the Marge and Pam Fogerson. Pam is so crafty!She cross stitched this Halloween plaque, just as adorable as the one I got last year. I hope you can see what an amazing job she did. Derek always treats Marge to a big hug since her grandchildren live in New York.

Last but not least we popped by Mindy Godell's house. Mindy has been our friend since she was in High School with Rebecca. She was one of Derek's tutors while she was going to college. She has a pre-school in her home, along with being a mom to two of the most adorable children, Paiten & Mason. Mindy let Derek pick out of a big bowl of candy. Derek was calm and just picked the m&m's. All these visits were made before 10:30 when Derek's first tutor Jen arrived.
Busy, Busy, Halloween! BOO (Hum Bug)!!!

3 comments:

Hills said...

Sounds like a great time!

bledsoeblog said...

Amazing mom!

The Godell Family said...

So glad you had such a great time. I love Halloween and having Derek come and trick-or-treat every year is something that I look forward to most. Thank you for bringing him over.