Friday, June 22, 2012

A very Cool Thursday

It probably didn't reach 61 today.  WE bundled dad up, a sweatshirt, a coat, a blanket and a scarf and went out to kill some weeds out in the back field.  Dad supervised and found the weeds I was to spray. The weed is called a Mustard weed.  (I pulled a couple to show mom just what we were out spraying)  While we were out it rained, it poured, and the wind picked up.  I kept asking dad if he wanted to go in.. but he said, "No, it's just a little rain".  The Ranger has a top, and a windshield.. but he still got a few drips on him.... When we got back to the porch, he still wanted to stay out, so he just sat on the little bench swing.  As he sat down he said, "I don't know why I love it so much here".  I asked him what it was that he loved so much, he said "the irrigation, the pond level, the cows (He likes to count them), just being outside".
I was happy dad liked the pulled pork tonight, he asked for seconds.  He's not a chicken fan (Which we have a lot of), so looks like we've found something that he'll enjoy eating.
Right now I went in to say goodnight (It's 10:39), dad asked me what animal it was they've been hearing.  I paused, heard it and reported to him that it is a Screech Owl.  He said, "Oh that's great!"

This is the mustard weed.  If you rub your fingers on the yellow leaves and then smell your fingers, it really does smell like mustard.  It's suppose to be edible.. but since it grows out in the pasture, I opted just to smell it.
Oh, the walkie talkie is how we keep in touch with mom while we are outside!

(Too bad our rain and cool temperatures couldn't help the fires in Utah.. our clean, cool air is much better for mom and dad)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's so sweet :) I love how much your dad loves being at your place. Seriously. It's like a story. It should be a short story what you just wrote. Beautiful.