Friday, December 26, 2008

Pickle, Pickle, Trey found the Pickle!


A German tradition that Rebecca and I thought would be fun. We did it our own style.
Rebecca had heard about how the German people hide a pickle in their Christmas tree, and the first one to find it on Christmas morning gets to open the first gift. The finder is suppose to have great luck and prosperity in the coming year. (I read also that the person who found the pickle then hides it and the others look for it)
The problem was finding an ornament pickle. Worse comes to worse we would pull out a dill pickle out of the fridge. But at the last minute I found a store that had 3 pickles left. I think I was the last to hear about this tradition. Trey was most excited to look for it Christmas morning. We practiced on Christmas Eve... my idea... and of course that meant that Trey wanted to open a gift. Luckily we talked him into finding his first gift.. the one he'd open if he was the first to find the pickle. Until next year!!!

No comments: