Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Lets do Lunch"


Derek has been taking Foods 1 class at Bend High. Mrs. Markland the teacher has been so great to have him in her class. The students have been so helpful and kind and supportive as well. The end of the semester is this week, so they had a luncheon to put together a dinner using the skills they've learned. I was a guest (pretty much I insisted)at their table. We had a great meal; a beautiful, colorful salad, yummy rolls and a very tasty soup. The dessert was a chocolate frozen cheesecake which was delicious! I enjoyed the conversation we had at our table. Mika'Rae, Kyle and Ethan were so polite and fun to talk to. I enjoyed watching them include Derek in the clean up. Thank you Table 2 for inviting me and being so good with Derek. Best wishes to you in your next Semester classes!

2 comments:

bledsoeblog said...

Did you get the recipes? I would love them! I didn't learn too much from my teacher; Derek is a much better student then me!!!

SJacobus said...

Very cool! Way to go Derek on your new skill!