Friday, January 16, 2009

Kayla Turns 18!!!


You've heard me talking about my good friend Shelli from Portland (This is Shelli and her family). Well, her adorable daughter Kayla (In the pink) just turned 18 this week. We are still waiting to hear all about the celebration, but wanted to tell Kayla how much we think of her! Derek & Kayla each play Top Soccer, and have gone to the Nike "games" in Portland. Kayla is very competitive, while Derek just is happy to get a treat after the event.
Kayla loves to give me a hard time about my double chins.. "not turtlenecks" and other things I won't add at this time (no, I'm not the biggest loser).(And I'll remind you of always wanting to wear Derek's Barney pajamas when you were 3 and Derek one year old)
All the things that Kayla does amaze us... mostly due to the loving support and advocate she has in her mom! Shelli is one of my smartest friends (she reminds me of that often). Kayla and her older sister Alyssa are very lucky to have Shelli as their mom. But enough about her... "Here's to you Kayla for turning the big 18!"
We hope your day was GREAT!!! Just like you!


1 comment:

bledsoeblog said...

I still can't believe you are 18 Kayla! I remember the day you were born! Happy Birthday Kayla!