Monday, January 19, 2009

Elder Schmieg gets "Hugged"


Now we know where Elder Schmieg gets his nice, pleasant attitude... his mom.
Elder Schmieg's mom enjoyed the blogs and asked (through e-mail) if I could give him one more thing from her. "Sure, anything for a missionary," was my reply. She asked if I could give him a hug from her, unless it was against the mission rules.
So on Sunday I went up to Elder Schmieg and told him his mom wanted me to give him a hug. Quickly he said, "Oh Sister Sauter that is against the rules." I told him I knew I couldn't, but Derek could. So Derek gave him a nice big hug. Then I said that I really wanted to give him a hug, and then I handed him a bag of Hershey Hugs. I had "the other Jill" (Jill Grow) take my picture giving him the hugs. It was fun and I enjoyed seeing Elder Schmieg's face light up. Thank you Sister Draper (Elder Schmieg's mom) for having such a nice missionary for your son.


1 comment:

bledsoeblog said...

What the heck? His mom's last name is Draper? I wonder if she is related to the drapers in our ward?!