Sunday, July 15, 2012

Time just flew by!


The Bledsoe's came and went.  I think mom and dad enjoyed the "noise" and the happy voices that rang throughout the house.
The boys and Rebecca, Derek and I went to a really fun garden nursery.  So fun that I took my parents the next day.  I'm not great with the wheelchair and gravel.. but I got my arm workout for the week!

(No, I didn't take dad on the pirate ship)


I did put sunscreen on dad's legs.. hum.. not much on his forehead.. Whoops!




Funny thing, at 11:30 p.m. the phone rang.  I thought (mom too) that it was a neighbor calling to tell us to quiet down the cows (We have separated 3 moms and their babies.. oh, the noise!).. no, it was a phone call from one of mom's New Zealand friends.  The friend forgot to figure in the time difference.  She called back the next day and apologized for the late night phone call.
Today (Sunday the 15th) was the big polo match next door.  Dad enjoyed (mom too) sitting on the front porch to watch the "real thing" happen.
We've enjoyed eating out on the back porch, (Probably my dad likes it the best so he can warm up.. we keep the house too cold, and we haven't yet turned the air conditioner on)
We leave this week for our family reunion.  Our parents are so excited to see everyone, worried that they won't know all the names of the cousins and spouses,... but it will work out.
   Dad was up early Saturday morning wanting to watch the vet in action.  Dad got a kick out of the smart calf that ran right through the shoot.  (Bob didn't think it was amusing)

Mom and dad love a certain Arby's sandwich.  Notice the candle?  There were a few flies.  Kent guaranteed there wasn't going to be flies at the re union!  Thanks Kent!

Not sure if I'll post again.... time is running out.  I can't believe it is time for them to turn back and go home.  Lets hope they will join us here in Bend (God's country) real soon!

No comments: