Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's warming up!

Did I mention to you that our oven broke during our "Break the Fast"?  Well, we have a double oven and the heating element went crazy... it smelled like burning wires.. kind of scary!  Anyway, all week mom and I have been clever with our meals.  I had told a friend that I'd take her dinner... everything I could think of required an oven.  Well, Mom is clever so we made do.  So happy that Sears is going to get our ovens tomorrow!  (Just as mom was getting the hang of my old oven's buttons and controls)
I think it was the first day since my parents got here that they didn't wear a jacket or sweatshirt outside.  It's warming up nicely, but the good thing about Bend, Oregon.. it ALWAYS cools down at night!  (Did I mention that while I was out herding calves that weren't ours.. it was 37 degrees at 6:15.. up, chilly)

Mom's taking a break from the cooking & cleaning!!!

Dad keeps a record of what irrigation systems I have on.  It's a little confusing, but he's getting it.  He keeps the chart in the little glove box in the Ranger, then he circles the "Station" that we turn on, and then marks it when we turn it off.  He likes knowing everything there is to know about the fields.  He hopes that before they head home our hay field will be bailed.  Fingers crossed.  The ranch hand started his field yesterday, so we drove to the fence and watched him work!  Maybe ours will be long enough next week!  (Dad could only wish)

2 comments:

SJacobus said...

I feel your pain. I still have another week before my fridge and dishwasher come. Good thing we had some time away during our wait for appliances. I sent postcards. Can't remember if I signed them all or not. Let me know when you get them.

sauter signs off said...

You're the best.. Thank you!