Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to "US"

Don't ask me what my mom was thinking.... But... my brother and I are the same age for two days.  Yup.  He just had a birthday on the 17th of July and mine was 2 days later on the 19th.  We were both 52 for those two days. 
When we were younger we often spent our joint birthdays in Reno, Nevada.  Our Grandpa & Grandma  Garrett would take us out to dinner.  We both knew that Grandpa would excuse himself to go to the bathroom... but really he was off telling our waiter that it was our birthdays.  They would "surprise" us with sparklers lite on top of a big piece of cake! 
This year Marshall and I were together.  He's the BEST brother ever (Mark, you're pretty cool as well). Because we like Marshall so much, we gave Marshall as Robert's middle name!
Thanks Marshall for helping me at 6:00a.m. with the irrigation.  Thank you for bringing a ton of Junk Mail for Derek, and thank you for putting up with my erratic driving on the way to the Family Reunion (I'll learn to like cruise control sometime)!!!  Oh, yes, I can't wait to try your Raspberry Jam!  It looks yummy!!!

No comments: