Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Grandpa's out with the Ladies"


My dad is back.. Shout Hooray! Mom will be joining us the first part of March.
If you know my dad, he loves being "out on the farm". He's always wanted to live on a farm, loves everything about farm life!
So, he made airline reservations and came to be ready for calving season. All 11 "ladies" are due to have a calf in the coming weeks.
I'm getting spoiled having him go out in the morning and the late afternoon to feed the "beasts" I mean "ladies". That is what he says before he goes out. "Well it's time to go out with the ladies". LOL. He gives them the attention that they certainly don't get with me!
This morning I decided to blog his routine (and I did it in my pj's and coat). He starts by feeding them, then he goes down to the pond to break the ice, then he finishes his routine by walking down to the mailbox to get the morning paper. We figure he is putting in a mile a morning. Pretty good for Senior! This morning was especially a cold one, you can see by our little temperature gauge that it was 27.. the hour on the gauge is wrong, 3 hours ahead. I'm a few years younger than he is, but he insists on doing it and he loves every part of it. Thanks dad for being with us. We can't wait for mom to join us!

No comments: