Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 13th is finally here!!!


I'll get right to the point. A year ago on February 13th I vowed to myself and told my dentist that I was not going to eat candy again... well at least for a year. Dr. Chad Stephensen said, "That would be a good idea." I had just pulled out a crown with a Valentine conversation heart... the time before that I went in with a crown stuck in a Milk Dud (I hoped he could pull it out of the candy and stick it back in my mouth, but no, it doesn't work like that). I am a candy lover. I like all types of candy, especially the gooey, sticky, hard sucking type of candy. I used to love big fire balls, I like hot tamales, Neccos, but my favorite are chick-a-sticks. I've had one waiting in my purse, it's been there for 2 months . So my "break the candy fast" started with a piece of toast, then I took the recess peanut butter cup in the car with me. I had it, and enjoyed every bite of it. Felicity gave me another peanut butter cup.. yum yum, (thanks Felicity for remembering)I devoured it in the car on the way to give my dentist cookies (they were in the shape of teeth, with a heart on top)and to tell him, "I did it,I went the whole year without candy." I also told him that I will do it again starting the 15th. I had red vines for lunch(I couldn't buy a tub. I'd eat the whole thing, so I went to Gina's and borrowed 5 of them.. she had brought them last week to share with Derek and I was so tempted) And tonight I had an Easter peanut butter cup that Bob brought home.
My chick-a-stick is still out in my car. I'll bring it in and have it for breakfast tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

The Godell Family said...

You are my hero. i would have lasted a whole 2 days.

bledsoeblog said...

You are amazing! Let's see if I can do the same! It has been 2 months and 20 days!!! AHHHHHH!