Saturday, May 9, 2009

Derek is an All-Star


A few past posts I bragged about Derek being a Soccer Super Star.
Well, this week he was an "All-Star"... well at least that is what the nurse who drew his blood said.
Many years in the passed when I had to take Derek in to draw blood it would be a harrowing experience. I remember taking tutors Michel and Jenny with me... maybe even Mindy(or was that to have them check out his ears.. remember Mindy how horrible that was)to help hold his arms and feet still. Seriously, it took 3 of us.
Now, you can't believe how good he is. He just climbs up on the chair, he sticks out his arm and lets the lady get to her business. The worst part is he watches it happen... (I'm squirming in my shoes) After he is done he gets off the chair and says "Barqs Root beer, the big kind at Safeway." And sure enough, 8:30a.m. we head to Safeway for a root beer. Wow, have things changed!

1 comment:

Mobali Zamba! said...

Way to go Big D! By the way, Derek's presence has been requested at Juniper Pool by Vicky the counter lady. Maybe I can take him some time next week?