Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ducks swimming in the pond!!! Hip Hip Hooray


This morning the weather man said it got to 20 degrees last night and was currently 25 degrees. I thought great... the season of chipping ice in the pond has just started. Knowing the cows can't do it for themselves, I set out to go break ice. Burr... it was cold (Maybe because I hadn't dried my hair yet)! I made my way to the pond with my boots, hat, gloves and coat on. Halfway down to the pond I saw a beautiful sight. There were at least a dozen ducks/geese swimming, (not ice skating) in the pond.

I knew it was going to be a good day. Then I stopped in my tracks... this is a blogging moment. So I ran back to the house, knocked on the door for Derek to get my camera. I hurried back to the pond to take a picture. Well, they had all gotten out from their morning swim, but I took one anyway. They must have heard my commotion, and in the next second they took off (maybe embarrassed by their "skinny dipping" activity).

2 comments:

bledsoeblog said...

Trey took one look at this picture and said, "Grandma's farm?" Makes me want to visit looking at these pictures! You are amazing mom!

Clawson Family said...

I'm commenting! Remember "in the name of the blog"