Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My new favorite tool... Thanks Terry


I called Terry Virgin this morning and asked this question, "How do fishermen make their holes to icefish?" He told me about this drill thing. Well, I certainly didn't want to put that on my Christmas list, so I thought I'd just stick to not doing a very good job with my shovel. Anyway, Terry, being the nice friend came over with his Pulaski Axe. He made 2 great watering holes that my cows are going to love (If I can do it again tomorrow) drinking from. Today when I went to work on the holes it was -12 degrees. Yup, it was cold.
Right now it is -4, better than last night so I may be in luck.
Thank you Terry for coming to my aid. I'm going to enjoy using your axe and hopefully will return it sooner than later. (Like I said Bob, please don't buy one for me, Terry said we can use it until the weather warms up...whenever that is!)


P.S.
I'm posting this Wednesday morning. I just came in from
"swinging" the axe and chipping away at the ice. It was a cold -7 degrees when I came in. Thank you again Terry for the Pulaski and for the ski mask. Now when you look at me in this picture you'd think that it was snowing. No it wasn't snowing, the ice that is being chipped away flies in my face along with the water, on my coat and on my legs, gloves too. But I was successful and kept pretty warm while doing it. If Derek had have been in the hallway while I was in the house looking for my camera, he certainly would have thought that there was a stranger in the house.

Lets see if my clothes dry out before I go out this afternoon.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

nice face shot :) It's so cold here too. 1 degree! you're amasing