Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lee Goodrich's Green Thumb!


After Derek had so much fun picking Cherries at Mindy's (check past posts)cherry tree, I thought he needed to experience a garden. Well, my friend Lee Goodrich has a great one. She shared some zucchini with me and so I asked her than if she could let us come and pick her vegetables. So, for a Tuesday Family Home Evening, we went over and had some fun looking for zucchini, tomatoes and green onions. The size of some of these vegetables were amazing. Thanks Lee for the adventure. (Bob isn't thrilled when I announced that the minute he retires, we will plant a garden).
P.S. Michael Volpigno, I do believe that this zucchini is 10x bigger than the one we passed Back and forth, back and forth.. oh, those were the days... I miss you and Shelli as our neighbors! The jokes we played on each other with that poor zucchini. I'm wondering what the neighbors thought when they saw the zucchini hanging from our For Sale sign?

1 comment:

bledsoeblog said...

You have the perfect property for a garden! How fun would that be? Like I have said for years, you could start a pumpkin patch! How about this fall YOU, DEREK and DAD come to Idaho, check out our fun pumpkin patches, and then see for yourself; your property is made for a pumpkin patch!