Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We needed a paint job!


We thought we needed a fresh coat of paint on our trim. And it started from there.
Now we are having our house painted, the barn painted, the mobile home painted and our roof of the garage pitched. Even though I couldn't see out the windows for a week, it was well worth it!
Wow, how projects start small and grow bigger and bigger. Dan our Man (we call him Dan the Man) is a great fix-it guy. In fact we consider him part of our family. (He is here more than he is at his home with his cute little family)
I didn't know how my parents would feel about our black trim and red doors. But, then my mom reminded me that when they lived in Lake Tahoe, they referred to their home as the red door house. So, we are just keeping with tradition. Thanks Dan for all your hard work.
P.S. Speaking of Dan the Man. The other day I was trying to set up some little activities that Derek does on his own. One activity is with a Boggle game. I give hints and Derek has to guess what I'm thinking of. He knew right off what person he needed to put in to answer the question.

4 comments:

The Godell Family said...

I love the colors. I'll have to come and see it up close and personally. And as for Dan the Man...That HE IS! I lvoe that man too and he has only been here once. But dang it he took off our toilet and cleared the clog and was the hero of the house for a few weeks. Definitely we will be calling him again when we need something. Thanks for sending his name to us!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am just thankful for the work. I love what I do and do what I love... Which just happens to be nearly rebuilding your whole entire house;-) Thanks again and I will see you tomorrow and the next day, and the next day, and the next day........

Dan Davis
dan@dandavisconstruction.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Love the door! Hey, you didn't tell me you were painting??!?! I must have lost contact for longer than I though. P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! P.S.S. let me know what you think about my new blog layout