Saturday, June 12, 2010

What Color was that Fire Truck???


I read about this event coming to Bend. I had to take Derek to experience it.
"Guardians Of The Ribbon Tour" came to Bend. Along for the ride were Firefighters clad in Pink and a Silver Ribbon being pulled by a Pink Firetruck. The day we went, firefighters and DJ's from radio stations were there having their beards and mustache's shaved off, money went towards Breast Cancer awareness. My mom had breast cancer, my dad's mom had breast cancer and my daughter Rebecca is a mammographer as well as a radiologist. I wanted to add my two cents on the truck (If you look closely, you can see peoples comments and signatures on the firetruck), but too shy to ask a fireman for a sharpie. I had tears in my eyes reading some of the people's notes. Derek didn't understand why we were there, he just thought it was cool to see a pink firetruck!


No comments: