Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jori graduated.. and we were there! (Kind of)


Our very cute, smart, talented niece Jori graduated from the American Doha School...(Something like that). My brother and his family are "stationed" in Doha, Qatar. I felt so sad that they were once again moving out of the country (last time it was Chile), but poor, very cute, smart, talented Jori was going to have her senior year in a new high school.. out of the country. She and the rest of the kids have done wonderfully (Their next station will be Athens, Greece). My brother Mark sent out a site on the computer that we could tune into and watch the graduation ceremony. It started for us at 8:00a.m. I had such a good time watching it in my pj's and talking to my sister Kari, niece in law Rebecca, and daughter Rebecca as we were all trying to find Mark, Debbie and their children in the audience. Finally we spotted Jori walking in with the classmates. I had a tear in my eye seeing how cute she looked and how happy she seems. It was a very LONG graduation, with many, many talks. I couldn't hear the speakers very well, so I got out the ironing board and got alot done. (When was the last time you were able to watch a graduation, in your pj's and iron... and the graduation taken place thousands of miles)


I couldn't help but hope that Debbie wasn't wrestling the two youngest children during all the speakers (I found out later that she had left them with a neighbor). After she graduated, all the students went around hugging and talking to each other. Jori was so close to the cameraman... and just as she was coming even closer, Mark was walking towards her and WHAM... the ceremony ended and we didn't get a close up on Mark, but it sure was nice to see him anyway! Congratulations Jori! Can't wait to see you at Kellen's wedding (her brother) in July!




That is Jori, right there on the left with the cute, short sassy haircut!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Jill that is awesome. I love multi tasking.