Thursday, November 7, 2013

You've got to "Move it, Move it"

(Alright, for all you that have kids, you know that I hear that often from the title to a Disney Song!  Madagascar I think)
We are trying to keep Mom and Dad active!  Move it or lose it!
Bob is so encouraging to Dad.  "You're doing great Glen"  "Just a couple more steps"  "Look how far you've come"
I checked out some classes that I thought my parents would enjoy attending at the Senior Citizen Center.  When I dropped them off I felt like I was taking my children to the first day of Kindergarten.  Mom seemed to enjoy it much more than Dad.  Dad said he was a boob.  I asked why... he said that he couldn't do anything.  Mom interrupted and said that he did good!
I took a couple of pictures of them in class, and it seemed like they moved more than if they hadn't have been there.  When I saw dad's arms over his head.. I thought, "Wow, that's more than I've seen lately."  The class is 2 times a week, I'm hoping they will return.
 One of the sweet ladies that attended the class came over and asked if she could give Dad a back rub before class!  How nice was that.. Then she went over and did the same for mom!
 I'm sure I wasn't suppose to take pictures, (without the other people's permission) but I couldn't resist!

Dad supervised Bob on "cleaning up" my grow boxes!  Bob is so good about taking Dad out, even if it's just to watch him work!

 Sweet Rod and Deanna Cooper came over on Monday night with cupcakes.. Wow, 3 weeks in a row we've had treats!  Everyone loves Mom & Dad!
"Uncle" Chris Argentos surprised us and sent us 5 CD's from his singing group!  Mom and Dad love all the fun music from Broadway to Christmas to the Legends CD!

Daily, Dad looks outside the front windows to check on 'his' flock of geese.  Well, he had the perfect view from the exercise bike!


We finally got  both of them out to the exercise room.  Dad amazed us.  I was hoping he'd be able to peddle the bike for a bit... Look at how good he did!  1.75 miles.  HIP HIP HOORAY.  Mom went from the elliptical (She was a little nervous getting on it) to the health rider (She felt much more comfortable on it).
The weather is blustery, and will continue for the rest of the weekend.. so hopefully since we won't be going out to blow mole hills, we will do some more exercising!

No comments: